Saturday, September 1, 2007

Exploring!




Hello Friends and Fam! Hope all is well in north america. Alright, I´m trying to load video on a internet connection that is similar to our old phone modems in the states, so, I hope this works. It is a brief video that my blossoming director of a wife made the other day biking down a gravel road outside okinawa.

This picture is of Anna´s never ending battle against the leaf cutting ants that play havoc upon her vegetables and garden.

The Rio Grande, this river, in places, is twice as wide as the Mississippi and drains into the amazon. The people standing with me are local community leaders. Anna and I spent about seven hours driving around with two other community leaders inspecting, interviewing and talking with the other communitys which are in our juristiction. We covered roughly 70 kilometers on gravel roads in a car with a large hole in the floorboard, the amount of dust covering us was astounding.

Anna and I with our new Bikes! Goldie and Shamoo, We love them. Anna and I went to Santa Cruz last weekend and bought two new mountain bikes for around four thousand Bolivian Dollars. A week later we have sore muscles we never knew we had but it is well worth it, I had forgotten how much fun (and quicker) traveling is with a bike.


Anna O., Anna Bird, and Kevin (a Catholic Saligence volunteer in our site) Making sushie in Japanese Bolivia.




Mango tree in our backyard!




The new fishing hole. Its a fairly large lagoon about two miles from our house on our bikes.

Usually what our free time consists of, I can´t and won´t put the other free time pictures on here.

No comments:

Pics from North Carolina to Virginia