Sunday, September 7, 2008

feet don’t fail me now!

Just a little over a month away from the marathon, and my dogs are starting to show some wear and tear. It would take a mighty good pedicure to make these things pretty again. There’s a toenail on my left foot that looks as though it might fall off sometime in the near future. Guess the poor little guy bumped into my shoe a few thousand too many times. It was hurting something mightily and turned bright red, to which Tom suggested we drill a hole through the nail to relieve the pressure. I was skeptical (and a little nauseous at the thought) so I opted for the lesser invasive treatment of watching it turn black. I just hope it grows back.



My right foot is my bigger concern –it hurts. I don’t know if it’s a tendon or a bone, but it’s not happy. I’ll get that checked out as soon as I can. In the meantime, I’ll give it some rest and splurge on a block of ice from the local ice store to pack around it. I’m feeling a little bummed about it all, hoping very much that I’ll be able to do the race on October 12th. I guess if I can’t, I’ll at least get a front row seat to cheer Tom on. But here’s to strong bones and healthy bodies; they are not to be taken for granted.

No comments:

Pics from North Carolina to Virginia