Saturday, October 11, 2008

we're doin it!

We said adios to Bolivia yesterday afternoon and flew into Buenos Aires, city of thirteen million and host of the marathon that we have been training for and looking forward to/dreading for the past four months.

It's on.

This morning we picked up Kirby and Patrick, Tom's dad and brother, at the airport after their thirteen hour flight. They came down to Agentina to cheer us on for the race and join us for a week of adventuring in Patagonia. We just picked up our race numbers, and Pat brought us some gu to eat during the race and body glide to rub on our toes/thighs/nipples. That's all you really need to run a marathon, right?

Our training schedule was fairly disrupted by the evacuation out of Bolivia, so I don't think we're in quite as prime condition as we could be, but we're both feeling good about it and looking forward to tackling this beast tomorrow. Tom's goal is to finish in four hours. Mine is to finish. If I can beat Katie Holmes' time of 5:30, I'll consider myself a super star.

I've gotten so many supporters for the Karma miles -an awesome array of commitments from friends and family members to do something that will help their communities. I love it. Thank you, all of you, for supporting me through this and stepping up to make this world a sweeter one. You are my inspiration.

Well, off to eat an enormous plate of pasta and drink another liter of water. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Pics from North Carolina to Virginia