Tuesday, May 19, 2009

what everyone really wants

I could ramble on all day about the beauty of the trees and the flowers and the freedom of life on the trail, but I know that everyone just really wants to look at some pictures. So here you go (in no particular order, actually in rather reverse chronological order, and without captions, because that would take forever, and I'm due to be back in the woods in an hour):




















































































2 comments:

Jamie K said...

Lovely pictures and great narratives! Thanks yet again for sharing your adventure with us! I especially love getting a sense of trail culture from you... one just never has a clue until you're there or hearing from somebody who's there. The stories about people bringing great meals to the trail are awesome. I don't know of anything like that over here on the PCT. Makes me wonder...
Well, Happy Hiking, keep working on the gator tan (I'll be working on mine here soon, but in a much less intense manner), and thanks for fostering wonder in my own life as you express your reactions to everything on the trail. An idea: if you ever have a chance, post some pictures of your unknown flowers - perhaps I or others could sleuth them out for you.
Love and hugs,
Jamie

Lenni said...

Hey Guys,
Such byootiful fotos!

Tell me when you near NY and I'll bring the trail magic to Bear Mountain.

Ellen
emarnstein(at)yahoo.com

Pics from North Carolina to Virginia