Sunday, July 5, 2009

500 miles to go!!

With five hundred miles to go it finally feels as if we are approaching an end to this journey. We are now in Vermont only two states left after this one, New Hampshire and Maine, and then back to...more work, play, family and food that is already hydrated. Just a few pictures to document our journey.



Sunfish pond in New Jersey.


Always a helpful sign on the AT.

Always Hungry!

Yes! Bears! in a zoo on the AT at Bear Mountain in NY.




This was on Mombash Mountain in NY, if you look really hard you'll see the NYC skyline. We went to NYC for two days and hung out with our PC Bolivia friends Kates, Evan and Anna O.



Anna O., Anna B and Kates in Brooklyn.


Our first swim in a long time.

Boy did it feel good. This was at Upper Goose pond in Massachusetts.






Anna on Upper Goose pond.


Snack time, PB and whatever it'll go on.
Into Vermont!
Haven't spotted one yet but here's a moose track.
Sometimes we fall down.

Hiking buddy

Another hiking buddy.

5 comments:

Em Cee McG said...

AWESOME GUYS!!! This is so cool to follow you guys through the internet. Can't wait to see you again. See how I celebrated my fourth on my blog when you get a chance. I am willing to bet it was as strange as yours. Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

I miss you two already! Enjoy your last 1/4 of the trail. God speed!

Crystal VanNorman said...

wow....i was just browsing this site & came across your pictures. amazing! best of luck!

BCH said...

I like your hiking buddies.

Jamie K said...

Nice pictures! You've always been good at that! Fun times skinny dipping... I'll never forget NZ - my first time - and we got on the bus and my face was a dead give away because it was so much fun! Keep on walking you two! Anna, if you can make it through crazy as hell DTS, you can do the AT! It really is amazing what we can accomplish when our hearts and minds are in it. Remember that day you and Clare and I skipped out and went walking in the rain? Such rebels! :) Cheers, you two - wish I was there and could BRING you some trail cheer. Hugs, Jamie

Pics from North Carolina to Virginia