Saturday, June 26, 2010

Late June update

Hello Friends and Family!
June is coming to a close and it seems like time is just flying by. I have not taken my camera to work yet but I will soon and add a couple of pictures of the ambulance that our team transports patients in. On the job front while I enjoy my employment at the University of Virginia I will be applying for a job as a firefighter/paramedic with the City of Charlottesville. This job, if I receive an offer, would be a significant jump not only finiancially but would be a better fit for me. So keep your fingers crossed and I will keep you all posted on my progress. Anna is enjoying being at home with May while I am not enjoying the prospects of night shifts and being on call a job is a job and we have yet to figure out how to grow money. Anna somehow squeezes in a few hours here and there with her job at "creciento juntos" a NGO here in town that allows her to work from home. Big news on the Brother Joe and Sister Leah front...they have received a referral from their adoption agency and will be traveling to Ethiopia sometime soon to bring back their newly adopted 2 month old boy! Check out their blog http://montsweeney.blogspot.com/.
More updates and pics soon.
Love T&A&May



A new Twins fan! This was my shirt about 28 years ago maybe May will get to wear it during the World Series!

Anna and May went berry picking last week...we now have five pounds of raspberries in our freezer.

We took May out to our local CSA farm to do a little weeding and watering and picked some carrots, beets, potatoes, and greens.

The chickens were very curious about May so I took her out of her bouncy seat, she can play with chickens when she gets a little older.

Ryan and Gerald checking out the child hammock that Ryan made. Thanks Ryan, she loves it. Below is a video of the hammock in action.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tom and Anna - This is Brian from the AT (Brian from the formerly known Brian and Lisa:)

I have a good friend who just moved to Charlottesville with his wife and 1 year old. I think you would all get along and wanted to introduce you guys, but didn't have your e-mail and can't seem to find one on your blog. Hopefully you get this. Send me an e-mail to briantanzman@aol.com if you do. Hope you guys are doing well. The baby looks great!

Brian

Ondina said...

The baby will grow up healthy, too cute.



By the way, I found a good site, welcomed the games with me.www.rs2joy.com

Pics from North Carolina to Virginia