Friday, April 24, 2009

April 24: Davis Path Shelter, VA

541.0 miles.

Today was the first morning it wasn't too cold to make me mind getting out of my sleeping bag. I love my sleeping bag.

Up until today I did everything I could do from inside it in the mornings -eat breakfast, get dressed, pack up- then I'd jump out, stuff it in my pack, and start moving quick as I could to get warm again.

But this morning as the sun rose the birds were singing and the air was, well, not freezing. That of course turned into a sweaty 80 degree day, and I wondered to myself how we'll ever deal with the smothering heat of the summer. For now it's just straight up spring in all of its glory -flowers everywhere, fresh leaves on the trees, warm air, and happy people.

No comments:

Pics from North Carolina to Virginia