Thursday, August 2, 2007

Single again


Talking on the enormous fish phone in Okinawa´s plaza. Its a surubi, which hang out in the rivers nearby, and they really do get that big. I am going to catch one some day. But I{ll proabably toss it back, because what would I do with 200 pounds of surubi?



Night number one in our new house in Okinawa. Yesterday was the six year anniversary of the day Tom and I met so many summers ago in Montana. I wish he were here with me - anniversaries are a lot more fun spent together. I knew right when I met him he was a keeper. I didn’t know that so many years later I’d still be so crazy about him. I’m one lucky girl.




I just moved into our new place this afternoon, a cute, small four room house with nothing inside. The landlords painted it pepto pink from top to bottom, inside and out. When I came in to see it yesterday, they had the paint brushes in hand and asked me with excited smiles, ‘do you like the color?!?’ Yes, it’s awesome. Barbie’s Pink Palace is just what I was hoping for.




There is no kitchen and no furniture, and the toilet, sink, and shower are outside. Good and simple and I like it. The only piece missing is my hubby. He’ll be here in a little over a week though, and we’ll kick off our new and exciting life together in style. In the mean time, I’ll try to put my magic touch on our bubble gum abode and get going on our projects, meeting the towns peeps and getting a feel for what work needs to be done.

No comments:

Pics from North Carolina to Virginia